At "THERMOS HEAT GARDEN" held in the Roppongi Hills in June 2016, aircord was involved in the production, direction, and system development of a 4D experience. It was also involved in the production and development of special sites for events, as well as the planning and development of a "THERMO DEVICE", a device for testing and visualizing the thermal insulation capacity of Thermos tumblers.
The "THERMOS HEAT GARDEN" was an event held at the O-Yane Plaza in Roppongi Hills, and provided a 4D attraction experience that created an impression of hot environments around the world, and a garden space where visitors could enjoy cool drinks out of Thermos tumblers. During the event, the line of eagerly awaiting visitors never went away, and 1,662 people took part in 4 days.
We set up a stage using LED displays that continued seamlessly from a height of 5 meters to the floor, and implemented an experience where various special effects such as images, sound, light, heat, and wind operated in sync, so that visitors could feel hot environments such as lava fields, deserts, and geysers in that space.
By putting a tumbler and a glass cup in a cabinet kept at about 35℃, and comparing the changes in temperature using a thermal imaging camera and a temperature-measuring device, we visualized the thermal insulation capacity of Thermos vacuum-insulated tumblers.
- Producer / DirectorToshiyuki Hashimoto (aircord)
- Technical Director / UI DesignerSeiya Nakano
- System DeveloperHisaki Ito (aircord)
- Project Manager / Technical SupportMiki Nomura (aircord)
- Lighting DirectorRyosuke Kokubo (aircord)
- Hardware DeveloperOsamu Iwasaki (aircord)
- Software Developer (THERMO DEVICE)Koki Ibukuro
- 3DCG (Volcano, Geyser)Hidenori Noda
- 3DCG (Desert)Yasuhiro Kobari (Triple Additional)
- Sound DesignerYui Onodera
- LightingKUROSAWA FILM STUDIO
- Art Director / Designer (Website)Yu-ki Sakurai (METAMOS)